- Where do you write? My favorite writing space is my room in our shore house. No distractions, no TV, no music, just me and my computer.
- What are your writing habits? I always set aside time on the weekend to write. This is the best time for me, because I like to have a long stretch of time in one sitting.
- How do you write your first drafts? Scatteredly. I am working on book two, and I have several files for each scene, or set of scenes. I just compile files, and once I think I have enough, I order them, then write notes in the gaps of what needs to be written, then I go ahead and write everything. All messy, and all like a madman.
- Subsequent drafts? I revise a lot, for years and years, in fact. I usually keep everything in one big file and read through it, over and over again, as I revise. Sometimes I will pull out individual sections and work on them, and then pop them back in once they're done.
- Do you keep a writing journal or notebook? Not currently. I have lots of notebooks, with lots of random notes, but no real journal right now.
- How do your organize your journal/notebook? A complete and scattered mess.
- What’s your biggest challenge as a writer? Time and space.
- Do you have a good luck talisman? What is it? No :(
- Which writers have most influenced you or inspired you? J.K. Rowling, L. Frank Baum and my fellow writers at JHU.
- What genre(s) do you (aspire to) write? Young Adult, Fantasy, and Paranormal.
- Any quirky habits you’ve developed? Depends on what you all quirky. Haha. Aren't all writers quirky? I have writing habits that I hate, but I'm very particular about my writing time, I need quiet, and I need to focus, and I need to be comfortable.
- Are you inclined to learn by primarily by
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Writer Questionnaire from Presents of Mind
I found this questionnaire on a website: Presents of Mind - go ahead and fill out yourself on your own website, and put the link in the comments so I can check them out!